Holcim Romania invests EUR 600,000 in 2006 in development programs for its employees

08.02.2012
 

Bucharest


Holcim Romania invests for the sixth year in a row in programs for the professional and personal development of its employees. This year, the investment is approximately EUR 600,000, 30% higher as compared to 2005. The personal and professional development plan for 2006 aims to ensure a stimulating training environment and to offer the employees the opportunity to learn and to gain experience within the Holcim Group.

Complex leadership and management programs, communication, presentation and negotiation skills, time management, marketing, computer skills, foreign languages, and technical courses are only few of the tailor-made programs offered by Holcim Romania to its employees.

"Holcim Romania constantly focuses on its employees' personal and professional development, as a motivational activity, social responsibility factor and, last but not the least, as an essential business development factor. As independent studies show, Holcim Romania is positioned in the top of companies having employees with a high degree of satisfaction. And we intend to maintain this position." stated Markus Wirth, General Manager of Holcim Romania.

Holcim Romania has approximately 1,300 employees, and the professional development policy of the company requires that each of the employees attends at least one training programme in 2006. In addition, the company encourages the participation of the employees in open training courses, forums, conferences and seminars in Romania and abroad.

Nicoleta Salajan, Human Resources Director of Holcim Romania added that "The annual training and development plan includes all the employees of the company, and it is based on a rigorous analysis of the training and development needs, in direct relation to the skills necessary for each job. 40% of the training and development plan in 2006 is based on internal courses organised in Romania or at the headquarters in Switzerland. The remaining 60% are courses developed by external suppliers active on the training and consultancy market in Romania or at international level."

Holcim (Romania) S.A. is the Romanian subsidiary of Holcim Group Ltd, one of the world's leading suppliers of cement, as well as aggregates (gravel and sand), concrete and construction-related services. One of the top players in the world construction materials industry, the Group is based in Switzerland and has majority and minority interests in more than 70 countries on all continents. Holcim is also one of the first international players in the construction industry to have invested in Eastern Europe after 1989.

Holcim (Romania) S.A. currently operates 3 cement plants, in Turda, Campulung and Alesd, 15 environmentally-friendly ready-mixed concrete plants and 4 aggregates plants. Holcim (Romania) S.A. currently has approximately 1,300 employees. The website of the company is www.holcim.ro.