Holcim Romania launches three innovative products in the EX3 concretes range, conceived for special projects
Bucharest, April 12th, 2016 – Holcim Romania, a member of LafargeHolcim Group, one of the leading producers of cement, concrete and aggregates, provides Romanian constructors with three new types of special concretes from the EX3 range.
The new products are intended to meet the increasingly specific needs of the construction projects in Romania, in particular large-scale projects where regular concretes can no longer meet the specific requirements. Thus, as of April 2016, the range of special concretes EX3 is extending with the following types of concrete:
- The self-compacting concrete for horizontal elements – special concrete for foundations, floors, slabs, capable to flow under its own weight, filling up the formwork entirely and ensuring proper compacting, without vibration.
- The high performance concrete – developed for projects that need to meet complex combinations of performance and consistency criteria, such as bridges, viaducts, tunnels, very high civil or industrial constructions or constructions with specific requirements, hydrotechnical works in aggressive environments, nuclear, resistance to chemical aggressions constructions or farming constructions.
- The exposed aggregates concrete – a decorative and durable solution for exterior spaces, for both horizontal and vertical elements – roads and access ways, walkways, terraces, stairs etc.
“Innovation is our permanent goal, and the new special concretes represent our answer to the increasingly complex requirements of architects, designers and constructors in Romania. Constructions are being built faster, taller, in shorter times, irrespective of season, day or night, and with challenges which seemed impossible 5 or 10 years ago. With these concretes, Holcim Romania offers solutions not only for the challenges of today, but also for the future projects of our partners. All of these solutions are developed with a continuous focus on health and safety in everything we do, enabling the success of our customers”, declared Sofiane Benmaghnia, CEO Holcim Romania.
The new special concretes were developed in the Holcim Technical Center. Here, Holcim Romania experts conduct research activities in order to diversify the portfolio of products. These activities are enhanced now, after the merger, with knowledge and assets to better serve our customers, through LafargeHolcim Research & Development Center from Lyon, the world’s leading research center in building materials, a cornerstone in innovation.
“Over the past few years, the development of large-scale construction projects in Romania imposed multiple specific requirements. Thus we developed products with specific properties, adapted to the complexity of the projects. Today, due to the wide range of projects and expertise of our researchers, we are able to offer customized products for the actual and future challenges in constructions”, says Anca Alexandru, Aggregates & RMX Director within Holcim Romania.
The EX3 special concretes range includes all the special concretes developed by Holcim Romania and consists of three categories:
- EX3 Performance – high performance concretes (self-compacting concrete, including the one for horizontal elements, high performance concrete, pervious concrete etc.)
- EX3 Estetica – special decorative concretes (printed concrete, polished concrete), including concrete with exposed aggregates.
- EX3 Concept – special concretes developed on demand
The RMX division of Holcim has been present in Romania for 15 years, having 13 ecological RMX stations across the country. Throughout the 15 years, it has delivered several millions of cubic meters of ready-mixed concrete, for more than 30,000 projects: infrastructure, residential projects, office buildings, shopping centers, civil buildings. Since the establishment of the division, over 1,850 special formulations have been developed to meet the Holcim customers’ needs. Thus, more than 100 types of concrete are delivered every year.
About Holcim Romania
Holcim (Romania) S.A. owns 2 cement plants in Campulung and Alesd, one grinding station and a cement terminal in Turda, 13 environment-friendly ready-mixed concrete plants, 3 aggregates plants, 2 special binders plants and four cement terminals in Bucharest. Holcim (Romania) S.A. employs around 800 people. For additional information, please visit the company’s website at www.holcim.ro and on the official Facebook page: www.facebook.com/holcimromania
Holcim Romania is a member of LafargeHolcim group, which was born following the merger between equals between Lafarge and Holcim in 2015. With over 180 years of combined experience, the Group resulting from the merger aims at entering a new era of leading technologies and innovations in the building materials industry, in order to cope with the challenges of the 21st century.